3D Portrait V2 – template :
This is what you can do :
- Bring in an image of a human face
- Choose a preset that represents the angle from which your photo was shot
- Modify build in masks for eyes, nose, lips and ears
- Create custom masks to take objects like hair, neck and shoulder into consideration
- Generate a 3D-Surface based on those masks
- Move a camera around this surface and keyframe it to create an animation
- Render it in Full HD (1920×1080) or 4K (3840×2160)
- 3D Portrait V1 (Will work with CS4 and higher)
- 60 Minutes of video Tutorial
- PDF document with the controls explained
Also keep in mind that although this is a 3-dimensional effect, it is generated from a 2-dimensional image and therefore it has it’s limitations.
This doesn’t generate a full-spherical-3d-head-model, but displaces a planar surface.
There will be some kinds of photos which will work better then others. But for most of the photos I have tried it on, it worked great.
A basic understanding of After Effects’ 3d-Space and camera movement is recommended.
This is a complex effect, so depending on your machine, expect little longer render times. You always have the option to lower the 3d-Surface’s resolution though.
Direct download links 678 MB :