Architectural Design & Animation in Blender – 3D Graphics : Welcome to the course architectural design and animation in blender. In this course you’ll be learning how to layout the design and create photo realistic animations of this modern house. This is a great skill to have especially for 3D artists creating their own works and those who want to create architectural structures and models.
- Computer capable of running Blender 2.79 or above
- You should be able to use a PC at beginner level
The next step is to take the floor plan and begin the 3D modelling part of this project. This step includes the Archipack add-on that assists in the creation of walls, doors and windows to quickly assemble the structure. Once the structure is in place we will add a high dynamic range image to help light the scene. This lighting will help us achieve real world lighting conditions to view our material. We also look at capturing the suns light and the shadows it creates as it passes over the house.
This leads us into materials and textures where you will learn to use Blenders PBR material shader to create a realistic looking 3D model. This is really important skill to have when creating architectural scenes in Blender.
We look at more advanced techniques including creating grass using the particle system and creating trees using the sapling add-on.
We complete this section by rendering out a photo realistic image.
The next stage is the fun part where we prepare the model for animation. We make the house appear slowly using boolean modifiers and I will show you a great feature for quickly previewing how the animation looks before a full render.
Finally we use render layers to speed up rendering and take a look at the compositor in Blender to put the elements back together.
Content and Overview
- Archipack: Learn to create 3D parametric Architectural elements
- Archimesh: Learn to quickly create large window elements for your scene
- Sun position: Create Sun animations with this great add-on for Blender
- MeasureIt: Create, Dimension and Render your Layouts using this amazing add-on for Blender 3D.
- 3D Model Grass and use Blender’s particle system to add it throughout the scene.
- Creating Trees using the Sapling add-on in Blender
- Using Blender’s PBR shader Create custom Material for your 3D models.
- Setup Render layers in Blender
- Explore Blender’s Compositor for post processing and much more!
Architectural visualization in Blender will allow you to impress your clients with photo realistic animations and images of their proposed designs.
The course is designed for practical learning and will walk you step by step through the process of creating 2D drawings to creating custom 3D models. Discover the Archipack add-on in Blender, try the new PBR capabilities as we add materials, lighting, and cameras to the scene .When you complete this course you will be able to use Blender as the complete drafting and 3D visualization package. With the latest release of Blender there has never been a better time to get your creativity flowing.
The lessons are taught with practical examples and aimed at completing the architectural design project. Learning Blender doesn’t need to be difficult and you should enjoy the journey as you create some amazing architectural renders and 3D models.
Direct download links 744 MB :